This disaster is a messy one; however, it doesn’t mean it can’t be cleaned up. That is what we are here for. As one of the largest exterior construction companies in Alberta, Evolve Exteriors plans to stand by Calgarians and all those who were devastated by the storm. Having completed nearly 7,000 exterior projects,from single family homes to commercial and industrial buildings, we know we can provide the expertise needed, alongside our partners at Orata Engineering, to restore your property back to its former glory.
Times are already tough right now, but we are here to help. Keep reading to learn more about what we can do for you about the intense hail damage your home or building has faced.
The hailstorm’s effect on Calgary
Calgary is known to be a rather stormy spot in our country. However, it hasn’t seen a storm like the one on June 13 in a while. Tennis ball size hail crashed through windows, pummeled through doors, and smashed into siding. The storm was deemed the fourth most expensive natural disaster in Canadian history.
According to Calgary Emergency Management Agency deputy chief Susan Henry, there have been around 20,000 home, auto, and business claims to the Insurance Bureau of Canada. The storm did so much damage to the city all around that officials are considering conversations about more proactive measures that can be taken to defend against the many storms Calgary will most likely face in the future.
However, for right now, most homeowners and business owners like you are looking for ways to fix the here and now. Damaged exterior not only looks bad, it can cause serious functionality problems. A damaged roof can create opportunities for leaks and smashed windows can’t protect you from the outside elements.
That’s why it is critical to begin the process of taking care of reparations as soon as possible, and we want to help.
Where to check for damage
As soon as the danger of the storm passes, you should be preparing to check for any damages done the exterior of your house or business. Hailstorms can damage many areas, so be sure to do a thorough examination of all exterior regions of your building. Some important places to remember to inspect include:
- Siding – There are important steps we must follow when re-siding a home, so it is crucial to locate siding damage as soon as possible. The best time of day to check for hail damage to siding is early morning; the low level of the sun’s rays will hit your house just right to locate dents and holes.
- Roof–When you are examining your roof, make sure to look for damage to shingles, missing shingles, water damage, or dents in your mental vents or whirlybirds. These are all examples of roof damages.
- Eaves trough – These important exterior components are often forgotten, but without them, you could face immense water damage to your home’s foundation and structure. Replacing damaged eaves trough are crucial.
- Windows– As stated before, windows allow you to view the outdoors with protection from the outside elements. As soon as they are broken through, your home is compromised. Remember to check all the windows of your building for damage, including cracks or complete shattering.
- Doors – Doors are like your first line of defense in the protection of your building. All doors, including garage doors, should be examined for damage or else they might not work properly.
What to do if you have hail damage
Once you’ve located all the places around your home or business with hail damage, it is time for you to take the next steps toward renovation. There are a few things you need to do in order to receive the full benefits of recovering from hail damage.
1. Take picture of the hail next to an item for reference– This helps both the insurance company and the engineers and construction workers get a good idea of the damage you have faced.
2. Tarp the damaged area– This is for your own protection, especially if the hail damage is so bad it compromises your home or building security. It will partially help to protect yourself from the elements and other outdoor threats, as well as keep others away from the damage.
3. Call insurance – Most insurance companies will likely need to do their own assessment to determine the dollar amount of damage your building received and how much they can and will help you pay for its refurbishment.
4. Apply for funding – If affordability is on your mind, do not worry. Thankfully, damages from this summer hailstorm terror qualify as provincial disaster relief funding. The application deadline is September 23, so make sure you take advantage of this helpful resource.
5. Call or Email Evolve– Of course, to finally get the job done, give us ring. Our technicians and Orata’sengineers bring years of experience and expertise to the table that will generate the best exterior solution for you and your unique situation.
How we can help
As a business based in Calgary, we witnessed first-hand the devastation our city went through on June 13. We understand the hardships our community is currently facing, and we want to provide our services to help rebuild it. Our partners atOrata Engineering feel the same way. Together, we can ensure that we will deliver the best possible exterior solutions.
Our services for hail damage remediation include:
• New siding installation
• Eavestrough replacements
• Garage doors replacements
• Roofing solutions
• Window replacements
• Door replacements
We are also well aware of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are in, and we guarantee our extensive prevention, protection, and safety policies are up to date and enforced across the board. We, along with our Orata teammates, are COR certified, insured, and ready to help you through this especially difficult time.
Who is Orata Engineering?
We’ve briefly mentioned our relationship with Orata Engineering, but who are they and what makes them so special?
Orata Engineering is a full-service Building Envelope and Forensic Engineering firm. Their building envelope branch focuses on providing unique engineering services to solve building envelope problems. This is where our partnership comes in. Evolve Exteriors works with Orata Engineering to provide the most timely and accurate solutions for any and all envelope issues. These include energy modelling, building design, and remediation.
One of Orata’s best qualities is their appreciation for the entire assembly of a building’s envelope, and they cater their solutions to fit within the ensemble instead of doing it on a part by part basis. Through our professional lines of communication between the two companies, we are able to not only play a role in revamping our community, but also at an affordable and competitive price.
Contact us today
If you are ready to bring peace of mind back to your household by ridding yourself of your worries about the hail damage your building has endured, do not hesitate to call or email us right away. We are fully licensed, insured, WCB compliant and offer a 2-year warranty on our installations. You can visit our website at http://evolvexteriors.rfwtdev.com/. We hope to serve you real soon.